As we delve into another week of Covid-19 pandemonium, gig and rideshare drivers have been forced to pivot their focus to food and package delivery from the traditional airport pickup or nightclub drop off. Drivers that were once, easily making $1000 – $1500 per week have seen their incomes cut in almost 90%.
However, it’s not all doom and gloom. Drivers that are switching to food and package delivery have been able to shore up those losses and in some cases, make more money than they did prior to the stay-at-home orders.
The biggest players in the food delivery space are DoorDash, UberEats, Instacart, Grubhub, and Postmates. While there are a couple newer entrants to the market like Caviar and GoPuff, they haven’t yet realized the gains of the others previously mentioned. For this article, we’re going to focus on DoorDash. DoorDash drivers are called “Dashers.”
What are the benefits of dashing?
- Be your own boss
- Control your schedule
- Make an average of $100/day
- Sign up bonus’ for referrals
- Take a friend and make it fun
Our Tips & Tricks For Success:
- You can schedule yourself or wait for the area you’re in to light up red and hit Dash Now.
- Distance To Merchant & Overall should be 2 miles and under
- Always make sure your have your red card and insulated bag (optional but keeps items cold/warm which increases your Customer Service Rate)
- Always put 0.00 in the tip field when signing receipts for orders.
- Busy times vary based on location and day. Nights and weekends are typically the busiest.
- Anticipate working an extra 30 minutes on the back end of your shift
- You need 30 minutes from one to the next dash. Not keeping this in mind will prevent you from scheduling your dashes appropriately.
- Customer Service Rate –Keep your rating at least 4.2 (4.7 should be where you are on average)
- Acceptance Rate – let DoorDash know what type of restaurants that you want to take orders from. Acceptance rate does not determine your account being deactivate however completion rate and customer service rate do.
Do you need a vehicle? Don’t worry!
Whip is remaining open. If you or anyone you know is looking to diversify into more gig related work, we are here to help. Whip’s customer service is ready to answer any questions or concerns you may have about getting in a car, cleaning services, or benefits issued. Click on this link to apply for a Whip Today!