Doing our part to fight the spread of Covid-19 for our rideshare community.
We wanted to give you a quick update as to the steps we’re taking to proactively help our Whip members during this time:
- Clean and sanitize every whip car
- Closed our office and required the majority of staff to work from home
- Created a sanitation station to disinfect your Whip
- Extended service appointments for non-essential maintenance
As the Coronavirus continues to impact our industry, we are doing our part by identifying ways to help our drivers find financial assistance through the multiple government programs that are currently being offered.
On March 25th, Congress enacted The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), which provides stimulus to individuals, businesses, and hospitals in response to the economic distress caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This program also provides loans and expands unemployment insurance programs for self employed persons to now include gig and rideshare drivers. The Cares Act allows for drivers to collect the following benefits:
- Standad Unemployment Insurance – Standard ( Google “Unemployment Application [your state])
- Enhanced Unemployment Insurance – an additional $600 on top of standard benefits if you qualify for enhanced benefits.
- $1200 Stimulus Payment in April (must have filed 2018 or 2019 taxes)
- https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-paymentsSBA Emergency Injury Disaster Loan Advance (up to $10,000) https://covid19relief.sba.gov
- Apply for an SBA Grant (grant and a loan program for small businesses)
- Uber/Lyft 14-day Sick Pay (Please see updated Uber policy https://www.uber.com/blog/update-covid-19-financial/)
Lyft is also following suit with their LyftUp program, which is partnering with public health entities, local governments, nonprofits and community organizations on the frontlines serving our communities at this time of crisis. If you are an existing Lyft driver, you will be able to sign up for the LyftUp team through your Lyft app or by clicking the following link. https://bit.ly/34Ic401
Need more information about how to fight against the spread of the Coronavirus? Please follow this link to Center for Disease Control website on the best tips to protect yourself, family and community against the further spread of this virus. Center for Disease Control.
We have created a video outlining how to apply for the SBA Emergency Disaster Loan Advance which all rideshare/gig drivers qualify for under the SBA eligibility guidelines.
Are you facing a financial hardship due to the slowdown in ride requests?
Fill out this form and we’ll get in touch with you shortly.