Careers at Whip
DriveWhip is a rapidly expanding mobility subscription provider that leases vehicles to rideshare and delivery gig partners including Uber and Lyft drivers within the Washington Metropolitan area.
We’re hiring in multiple locations (Rockville / Glen Burnie) and are looking for individuals with a spirit of excellence that lead with empathy and compassion.
Please click on the following links to apply to the position that you feel best suited for.
Current Positions Available:
Click for description.
Tag & Title Clerk
- Preparing and processing tag and title documents, and all titling transactions for local and out-of-state titling.
- Preparing checks for title work and customer refunds as needed.
- Processing all titling documents through electronic vehicle registration programs and/or DMV offices.
- Posting all titling transactions and monitor corresponding schedules.
- Daily title issue tracking.
- Properly represent the dealership to its customers and vendors in a friendly and professional manner.
- Processing vehicle payoffs and trade titles.
- Making DMV runs
- Inventory control and audit.
- Keeping current with applicable laws
- Process paperwork in a timely manner, reconcile schedules, post new and used deals to accounting books, issue checks for lien payoffs and submit to financial institutions.
- Communicate and resolve any and all issues with the Office Manager and post corrections as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Masks required and social distancing.
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $55,000.00 per year
- Works with other Fleet Team members under the guidance of the Fleet Coordinator
- Drives DriveWhip vehicles to various locations for cleaning, maintenance, or return to site
- Addresses and update system events and car history
- Evaluates car condition, and escalates issues, as needed
- Performs light maintenance functions such as swapping wiper blades and changing tires
- Prepares cars for in-fleeting and de-fleeting including clean in and around the parking spaces and signage as well as snow removal where necessary
- Transports vehicles from DriveWhip offices to various locations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining high energy.
- May hang signage or replenish collateral materials at DriveWhip sites
- Check fuel level and mileage and clearly explain final charges to the customer
- Inspect vehicle and record any new damage or major cleaning requirements and complete required documentation.
- Secure vehicle keys from the customer and ensure they stay with the vehicle while reminding customers to remove their personal belongings. Offer assistance as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement by communicating customer feedback to team and engaging in action planning to improve operational performance and customer satisfaction
- To carry out any other duties requested by the managers/Team Leaders.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
Customer Service Admin
DriveWhip is a exponentially expanding start up in DC area that Leases/Rents vehicles to Uber, Lyft and other On-Demand or Rideshare drivers. As a ground floor member of an exciting new company all associates will be tasked with a variety of responsibilities. An appreciation for the pros and cons of start up culture is a must.
Our goal is to deliver superior customer service, respect, expertise and responsiveness to our customers. As stewards of our company, you will be responsible for awarding every customer with a positive rental experience.
- As a brand ambassador, ensures walk-up and reservation driven customers have a best-in-class experience at the customer service counter
- Greets customers, completing the necessary rental and location information, while disclosing rates, terms and conditions of rental, obtaining customer initials and signatures on contract
- Maintains and updates rental agreement files, inclusive of contacting and notifying customers of overdue rental vehicles, inquiring on the expected date of return and processing extensions accordingly
- Liaises with inventory manager and service dept. staff to identify vehicle availability to inform customers of vehicle options
- Provide general assistance in person or over the phone to customers regarding where to pick up their vehicle, and processes, as well as overall directions to their destination if and when required to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Periodically may be required to move vehicles, or assist in other operational functions (e.g. picking up and dropping off vehicles/customers)
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 year customer service or sales experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills required
- Previous Uber/Lyft Operational experience preferred
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Must have the ability to manage stressful or unusual situations in order to maintain good customer service
- Must have basic computer navigation skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be willing to wear company uniforms
- Must be at least 21 years old and be able to pass pre-employment background and drug screens.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record (i.e. no more than 2 moving violations within the last 2 years and no DWI/DUI’s, suspensions and/or “at fault” accidents within the last 2 years)
- Must have the flexibility to work day and/or evening hours, as well as weekends/holidays as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
Pay: $35,000.00 – $48,000.00 per year
Help maintain our growing fleet of over 500 cars. Here is what it takes to be part of the team.
- A Positive Attitude
- High energy
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Goal oriented
If this is you, we have immediate openings in our Rockville MD shop. These are the services we provide:
- A/C system services
- Fluid changes
- Scheduled maintenance
- Maintenance inspections
- Brake services
- Steering and suspension services
- Battery or electrical services
- Shock and strut replacement
- Exhaust system and muffler services
- Oil Changes
- And more!
- Valid Driver’s License is a MUST
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a auto repair shop
- ASE certifications preferred (if not we provide ASE training and ASE reimbursement)
- Experience using store equipment such as lifts, brake lathes, alignment equipment, scanners, etc. proficiently
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds